Driver's age: 21 years
Owning a driver's license for at least two years
After this we will check if the requested automobile is free and what standard and additional options we can offer you. You can confirm this offer and if you confirm it, we will ask you for your info which is necessary for rent. With this you have reserved the automobile.
In these General Terms of Rent
I. « FLEET RENT A CAR »
II. « renter » is a person, company or organization in whose name the vehicle is being rented under the Terms of Rent,
III. « driver » is the physical entity responsible for following all items in the Contract of Rent, authorized and written on the front side of the Contract of Rent along the « renter »,
IV. « additional driver » is the physical entity responsible for following all items of the Contract of Rent, authorized and written on the front side of the Contract of Rent along with the « renter ». The « renter » must make certain that each authorized driver fulfils the General Terms for Rent,
V. « vehicle » is the vehicle stated on the front side of the Contract of Rent.
VI. « renter, driver and additional driver » continued in the text of the contract is to be understood as one word: « client ».
1. Authorized driving of the vehicle – the rented vehicle can only be driven by people over the age of 21 who own a driver's license for at least 2 years. (2 x 365 days).
2. Under no circumstances can the rented vehicle be driven or used:
by a person not stated as the client in the Contract on Rent
for the paid transfer of passengers and goods
through a contract closed based on false statements or personal information
for races, testing durability, testing speeds or driving lessons
for pulling another vehicle or object
by a person under the influence of alcohol, sedatives, sleeping pills, barbiturates, narcotics, hallucinogenic and other drugs
while the vehicle is not in driving condition or is over-burdened, or the limitation regarding the number of passengers and luggage stated in the documents of the vehicle is not followed.
outside of category I, II and III level roads
for not respecting speed limits or other traffic signs defined by the Law of the country in which the vehicle is being driven – 90 km/h for category I roads, 50 km/h for II and III category roads, 130 km/h on highways
while violating legal terms and regulations regarding the use, loading or condition of the vehicle or any other illegal purpose.
The state limitations are cumulative and each of them is implemented for each use, management and driving of the rented car. Fleet rent a car does not regard itself responsible for any damage or loss caused by violation of the stated limits by the client.
3. Picking up and returning the rented vehicle – the only authorized person for handling the vehicle and renting the same is Fleet rent a car, and the client picks it up in correct technical condition. The client is obligated to return the vehicle with all of its tires, tools and equipment stated in the Contract on Rent and the Check out-Check in form, in the same condition it was taken, other than the usual natural usage, at the time and place stated on page 1 of the Contract o Rent. The vehicles are rented on a daily price in accordance to the tariff, where one day means a period of 24 hours starting with the beginning stated in the contract. After this time period has expired, an additional day will be charged.
4. Payments – The client is obligated to settle his bill within 8 days after it has been received or in the case of cash payments, when the vehicle is being returned as agreed on page 1 of the Contract on Rent: the time, kilometre distance and other costs defined in the Contract on Rent. The amount is paid in accordance with the tariff in force when the Contract is being closed. In case the payment is late, a legal interest rate will be charged as well as collection reminder fees. If the vehicle is returned to a location which is different than the one it was picked up from, the final calculation which is made by the location where the vehicle is returned has authorization from the location which issued the vehicle and has rights to send a corrected bill. By signing this Contract, the client agrees that his credit card or another way of payment will be burdened by Fleet rent a car with any repair costs, faults or losses which are discovered after the vehicle is returned and the client did not inform Fleet rent a car in accordance with the procedure on returning the vehicle. The client is considered responsible for all traffic violations done during the time of rent. In case the client does not settle these violations, Fleet rent a car will charge them to the client together with administrative costs. Fleet rent a car obtains the right to charge the above stated costs without previously informing the client. State taxes, tariffs and alike will be charged in accordance with the valid legal regulative. The client, with his signature on this contract agrees and accepts that the obligated parties responsible for payment of all items in this Contract of Rent are:
- the client
- driver – in case the client refuses to either completely or partially settle his obligation by this Contract on Rent
- additional driver – in case the client or driver refuse to either completely or partially settle their obligation by this Contract on Rent
5. Prolonging the rent – in case the client needs the vehicle longer than specified, the client is obligated to receive written confirmation of this from Fleet rent a car at least 24 hours before the rent is finished. In case these conditions are not followed, Fleet rent a car has all rights to use all legal measures in order to take the rented vehicle from the client. In case the client returns the vehicle after the date stated when closing the Contract on Rent, and there was a change of prices during the rent period, new prices will be calculated after the day the vehicle was to be returned.
6. Kilometre distance – the number of kilometres while the vehicle is being rented stated in this Contract on Rent, will be defined by reading the factory installed kilometre reader.
7. Fuel – all vehicles are rented out with a full tank of fuel. If the vehicle is rented to the client, the client is considered responsible for the cost of fuel from when the vehicle leaves the office to the time it is returned to Fleet rent a car. Fleet rent a car has the right to calculate the service of fuelling the tank according to the decision of the Board.
8. Maintaining the vehicle – the client agrees to maintain the vehicle in good condition and to regularly check the motor and oil of the automatic shift level, if it exists in the rented vehicle, as well as the water in the radiator, accumulator and pressure in the tires. The client is regarded responsible for settling all damages caused by not maintaining the vehicle. In case the rented vehicle, during the period it is rented, reaches the kilometre distance where a regular service is necessary, the client must inform Fleet rent a car about this and place the vehicle in their disposal so the service can be performed. In this case, Fleet rent a car gives a substitute car to the client.
9. Faults – repairs or replacing parts of the vehicle must be done only by an authorized service with prior written consent by Fleet rent a car. A refund of costs is done with presenting the bill from the authorized service where the repair was performed. However, replaced parts must be presented. In case the repair is done outside of an authorized service and the replaced parts are not presented, the costs will not be refunded. In case that any part of the vehicle is replaced or lost, damage costs will be charged three times the amount of the market price of that part.
10. Documents – all vehicles are rented with the necessary documentation. The client is held responsible for the stated documents. In case the client loses the documents, keys, registration plates and alike, the client will be charged for the production of new ones in accordance with the prices defined in the price list.
11. Passenger insurance – for an additional daily fee, an amount which is defined by the valid tariff, the passengers are insured to the amount of the insurance policy in case of death or invalidity as a consequence of an accident cause by Fleet rent a car’s vehicle.
12. Insurance of the vehicle – all of the vehicles which Fleet rent a car has at its disposal are insured against liability for damage caused to a third person. The deductible franchise depends on the vehicle group and is defined by the valid tariff decided by the Board of Fleet rent a car and stated in the contract. In case of any damage done where the client is responsible or in case of damage caused by the client’s not knowing one or more terms of the rent, the client is obligated to settle the damage up to the full amount unless the liability is bought off by additional payments defined by the active tariff of Fleet rent a car. The daily additional payment of insurance does not cover the following:
- damage to the tires
- damage to the lower base of the vehicle, the shift lever and clutch, the interior of the vehicle and windshield caused by the negligence of the driver
- damage to the motor caused by the lack of oil, adding the wrong type of fuel or negligence when using the vehicle
- damage which was done by the driver under the influence of alcohol, drugs or alike
- damage which was done by an unauthorized driver
- any damage done to the vehicle which was not reported to the police
The client is held responsible for all stated damages. Fleet rent a car will not accept any liability for damage or loss which occurred while the vehicle was rented by the client who did not fulfil the above stated terms. The client is obligated to settle all damage done to the Fleet rent a car vehicle while using the stated vehicle.
13. Fire and theft – the client takes responsibility for any damage or loss to the vehicle which has occurred due to negligence or in case the client ignored the terms stated in the contract in any way. To avoid paying liability for the total value of the car, the client can pay the daily additional cost for every 24 hours of using the car in advance, in accordance with the price list and in that way the client is liable up to the amount of the contractual franchise. The amount of the deductable franchise depends on the vehicle group.
14. Damage – any and all damage must be immediately reported to the closest police station and the branch office of Fleet rent a car which rented the vehicle and the client is obligated to not drive the vehicle while it is in an un-drivable condition. The Report – a special form which is located among the vehicle documentation and a statement regarding the damage must be filled out with all details concerning the accident (damage) and must be sent immediately to the branch office which rented the vehicle. The client is obligated to participate in the investigation and the procedure for processing the accident. The client is considered responsible for all costs if the terms in this article were not followed. If necessary, the client will receive a substitute vehicle.
15. Loss of property – Fleet rent a car is not considered responsible for damage or loss to the property of the client or the property of others stored or transferred in or on the rented vehicle, the serviced vehicle or office areas of Fleet rent a car. When signing this contract, the client specifically rejects all requests for damage costs to Fleet rent a car in case of the above stated damages or losses.
16. Changes to the Contract on Rent – not one term and regulation of this contract can be changed or rejected without written consent from Fleet rent a car.
17. All employees of Fleet rent a car have the right to control any vehicle at any time. If it has been established that the client has violated any of the terms in this Contract, the employees are authorized to seize the vehicle. Fleet rent a car unconditionally reserves the right to cancel the Contract on Rent at any time and any place, even before the expiration of the Contract, without any obligation to compensate damage to the client.
18. Important! The client even after the rent is considered responsible for traffic violations done during the rent period.
19. In these terms, Fleet rent a car is defined as vehicle rental company with headquarters in Zagreb, Andrije Hebranga 32, OIB (Personal ID No.) 59504443231, for the area of Croatia and whose business activity is renting vehicles.
20. The client with his signature unconditionally accepts the standard terms and guarantees accuracy of all of the above stated information and accepts the authorization of the court in Zagreb in case of dispute.
IN CASE OF A FAULT WITH THE VEHICLE WHEN IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY, THE CLIENT IS OBLIGATED TO CONTACT THE BRANCH OFFICE FOR REPAIRS. FLEET RENT A CAR WILL REFUND THE COST OF REPAIR WHEN PRESENTED WITH THE ORIGINAL INVOICE OF AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE AND PART OF THE VEHICLE WHICH WAS REPLACED BECAUSE OF THE FAULT. WHEN PASSING THE STATE BORDER, THE CLIENT IS OBLIGATED TO GIVE A CUSTOMS OFFICIAL THE INVOICE FOR VERIFICATION.
Payments are made after the Rental Agreement is filled out and can be done with any credit card accepted by Fleet. Fleet accepts the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners. Payments can also be made with cash, money order and debit card (Visa electron or Maestro).
|Fleet insurance||Daily fee|
|Insurance against liability for damage done to a third person||without a fee|
|Mandatory insurance for damage done to something or someone. In accordance with legal regulations, this insurance is already included in the price of your rent.||included in the price of the rent|
|Collision damage waiver and theft protection with excess (CDW/TP)||without a fee|
|Insurance in case of an accident which covers the damage done to the Fleet vehicle up to the fixed deposit in damage. Insurance which covers loss or damage done to the vehicle due to theft.||included in the price of the rent|
|Personal accident protection (PAI)||fee per day|
|Insurance in case of death or injury to the driver or passengers.||Unique price regardless of the vehicle group|
|Collision damage waiver with 0 excess (CDW+)||fee per day|
|If you want to lower the amount of the fixed deposit in damage specified in CDW, there is CDW+ available.||depends on the vehicle group|
|Wheels, underside and glass coverage (WUG)||fee per day|
|depends on the vehicle group|
You can check at any time which insurance is included in your price. Our agents are always ready to help when choosing insurance which best suits your needs. Furthermore, along with the standard insurance, Fleet also offers additional insurance available in all branch offices.
Conditions may vary and this insurance can be offered as an option. Some clients may be covered with some other insurance and, of course, they do not want to pay for something they do not need. If you want an offer which does not include insurance, please contact the reservation centre at +385 (0)1 5532 222 or [email protected]